All the references I made in the presentation are in this post, as well as links to some code repositories to get you started!
Slides available as PDF
- Simple Maven project with 3 modules in a Hexagonal Architecture setup. See it on Github
- JPMS Hexagonal Architecture Showcase project with multiple different modules and dependencies. (Lombok, Spring, etc.) See it on Github
- Modules cheat sheet: Nicolai Parlog: Cheat Sheet for Building and Running Modules
- Hacking modules on the command line: Blog Nicolai Parlog - hacking command line modules
- Snyk developer survey: https://snyk.io/blog/kotlin-overtakes-scala-and-clojure-to-become-the-2nd-most-popular-language-on-the-jvm/
- Layrry (Plug-in Architectures): Blog Gunnar Morling: Plug-in Architectures with Layrry
- Moduliths (Spring Plugin for Modular Architectures): Github Project Page by Oliver Drotbohm
Any question asked will be added here after the session. Questions I couldn’t answer during the session will be added as well and i’ll do my best to provide a better answer here than I could during the session.